static/shard libs from iptables.o

Is it possible create a static or shared libs(i.e libiptables.so or
libiptables.la) from iptables.o, which have been created after compilation of
iptables-1.2.7a.

If it possible,please, explain me how  can I do it.

You can ask me - Why?
Because I want to use it from my application by traditional way(as a general
libs).

P.S. Sorry for my English. I just study it yet. :(

Victor V Ismakaev