Re: internet gateway bandwidth control

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Adv-Routing-HOWTO/lartc.ratelimit.single.html
This seems to work very well..

Mark

-----Original Message-----
hi all.

need help in formulating an iptables rule.

i need suggestion on a gnu/linux solution for my
internet gateway server sharing a adsl connection via
iptables_nat.

i got client that uses kazaa too much, but i dont want
to block kazaa i only need to retune it and give him
slow connection. problem is, i dont want to limit his
connection to the server coz the server is a samba
server also. only need to limit his kazaa connection.

heres the design:

if client bandwidth > 35kbps
then limit only to 35kbps
where kazaa dport and sport are 80 and 1214.
where -s 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.255.0 except
192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.15 (.1 is the server and .15
is my box in my room, i believe i would be needing the
"!", but how do i make it for two ip address?)
where eth0 is 192.168.0.1 (LAN)
and
eth1 is 203.204.250.206 (DSL)

of course i know thats not the rule. but im having a
hard time formulating it. ive read all the netfilet
how-to's but i need to incorporate and thats the
problem.

or i need better suggestion.