Re: linux-2.4.20 iptables-1.2.7a DHCP on EXTIF

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 17:01:15 -0800,
"Storm D. J. Petersen" <stormp@telus.net> wrote in message
<LKEMIKEDGPBEAFDKINCGIEJCEDAA.stormp@telus.net>:

> I have solved my own problem!
>
> I am posting it because I've received a few private messages with
> people suffering from the same symptoms.
>
> I have Redhat7.3 base install and the default location of iptables is
> /sbin/iptables*  and /lib/iptables/*
>
> The default for iptables Makefile is to install to
> /usr/local/sbin/iptables* and /usr/local/lib/iptables/*
>
> Originally I had compensated for the executable path but not for the
> library path.  As a result, I am assuming that iptables was using my
> old iptables*.so's.
>

> QUICK FIX:
>
> #  cp /usr/local/sbin/iptables*  /sbin
>
> #  cp /usr/local/lib/iptables/*    /lib/iptables
>
> # iptables -version
> iptables v1.2.7a
>
> #  iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
>
> WORKS
>
> Hope that helps anyone with the same problem.

..the _appropriate_ way is 'rpm -e iptables', and leave the tarballs
in /usr/local/sbin/* and /usr/local/lib/iptables/* instead of screwing
up your rpm database.  'rpm -q iptables' and 'iptables -V' says?  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: