RE: Newbie Question

last time I installed PopTop, I had to install pptp support in netfilter
through the Patch-o-Matic (not sure it's still valid).  But I only
needed that to allow multiple outbound PPTP connections from inside a
NAT'd LAN (that is, I was NATing PPTP connections)

To simply connect to PoPToP, you need to make sure your rules are
correct in netfilter for allowing the protocol 47, port 1723, etc. to be
forwarded. Remember if you're running poptop on a netfilter server, the
INPUT and OUTPUT chains are important as is the FORWARD chain (all in
the Filter table)