RE: what have I done wrong to make 1.2.7a not compile?

> [mailto:netfilter-admin@lists.netfilter.org] Namens Scott van Looy

> extensions/libipt_ROUTE.c: In function `print':
> extensions/libipt_ROUTE.c:119: structure has no member named `if_name'
> extensions/libipt_ROUTE.c:120: structure has no member named `if_name'
> extensions/libipt_ROUTE.c:122: structure has no member named
`if_index'
> make: *** [extensions/libipt_ROUTE_sh.o] Error 1
>
> What's wrong then? :)

Well, I had the same problem.

Another person emailed me with the same question :
---
> I have the same problem that You discribed in
> http://lists.netfilter.org/pipermail/netfilter/2002-December/0
> 40741.html.
> I'm doing excacly the same thing, but POM is in newest
> version.Can I ask, did You resolve it? I'm trying to do
> something with it, but it's hopeless. If You know how to
> handle with it, please tell me.
---

I resolved the problem doing this :

In the IPTables package, "extensions/libipt_ROUTE.c" :
- rename all instances of "if_name" to "ifname",
- rename all instances of "if_index" to "ifindex".

In the kernel "include/linux/netfilter_ipv4/ipt_ROUTE.h" :
There is a section :
struct ipt_route_target_info {
	char ifname[IPT_ROUTE_IFNAMSIZ];
	unsigned int ipto;
};

The ifindex is missing, so change it into this :

struct ipt_route_target_info {
	char ifname[IPT_ROUTE_IFNAMSIZ];
	unsigned int ifindex;
	unsigned int ipto;
};

Again, I don't know if it's correct what I've done (I'm not a C
programmer ; I'm just trying to get it right) and I asked this question
twice (perhaps in the wrong list) with no response.
So far I don't have problems with it.

Rob