Re: Redirecting to more than 1 port.

On Wednesday 19 February 2003 12:23 pm, Warren P wrote:
> hi
>
> I want to run 2 instances of SQUID (Transparent Proxy). Currently I'm
> running only one instance of squid and my IPTABLE is as follows:
>
> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
> --to-port 3128
>
> My 2nd instance of Squid will run one port 8080, will the following
> configuration be correct:
>
> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
> --to-port 3128:8080

I don't think this isn't valid construction for a rule.  "--to-port
3128-8080" would be valid, but would map over that entire range of port
numbers.   You will probably only get this working the way you want it
if you use sequential ports.

Why would you want two squids running on one machine handling the same
traffic?