From: Alexander W. Janssen [mailto:yalla@ynfonatic.de]
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 3:04 PM
To: Netfilter Mailinglist
Subject: awkward p2p clients ignoring tcp-reset and everything

Hello,

i'm writing to the list because of a topic which drives me mad. I'm talking
about port 4662/tcp and about awkward p2p clients constantly ignoring
tcp-resets and icmp-port-unreachables. Well, since i don't use p2p clients
personally, can anyone tell me which p2p client uses that? Emule, Edonkey,
Kazaa, whatever?

I really can't understand why those hosts keep ignoring my refusal; they
just
keep sending syn after syn. Is it a broken ip-stack? Or is it a bad-coded
client-application?

Oh Bugger :) OK, that was offtopic.

Alex.

--
"Mr Data, when I said 'Fire at Will', I didn't mean for you to be so
literal."