Re: iptables -L *very* slow

I get the same thing when i list my rules. it used to happen to me with
ipchains as well.

I think the others are right when they say that its trying to resolve
the addresses but it might not necessarily mean that you have a faulty
DNS.

alot of my rules dont specify 1 host, they specify a subnet and it still
takes time for iptables to list the rules...

it might be a small bug that iptables is trying to lookup the name for a
subnet address...i thought it would be a little smarter to know that
10.3.2.0/24 isn't a host rather a subnet and therefore shouldn't try to
do a lookup...

anyway, do what the others suggested

ipchains -nL