Re: using ip_nat_ftp

I have it statically compiled in, (may not be the most useful this way), but it works for me.
From inside your lan, ftp gnu.org and port mode should work.
Keep in mind when you ftp somewhere the default is just to allow port 21 (w/ connection tracker), if you want more ports, the module/kernel boot line takes arguments to specify up to 7 additional ports, so 8 ports total.

Albert Cervera Areny wrote:

It seems that my firewall is what makes ip_nat_ftp not usefull. Could
someone tell me how should I configure the firewall to enable ftp client
requests?

Hi,
I'm trying to use ip_nat_ftp but I don't know if it is necessary to do
anything else apart from loading the ip_nat_ftp module. I've tried to
load it but can't access properly to ftpav.ca.com unless I use passive
mode. It wouldn't be a problem if eTrust supported ftp access with
passive mode :(

Thanks for any help!