PPTP through iptables firewall

Title: PPTP through iptables firewall
Setup:
LAN A, LAN B, LAN C and LAN D all separate LAN's behind four different firewalls.

The only connection between the LAN's is NAT through their respective firewalls.

LAN D contains a PPTP server which I would like all the clients on all four LAN's to be able to access. LAN D is protected with a firewall (iptables/debian 3.0/kernel-2.4.20/patch-o-matic-20030107/iptables-1.2.7a).

Problem:
LAN A (working)
LAN B (working)
LAN C (broken -- only one connection at a time)
LAN D (containing the PPTP server)

Details:
hmm it actually works from the 2 LAN's (A and B) but the last one is problematic. >From the two working ones (LAN A and LAN B) you can connect with no problem to the PPTP server behind the firewall protecting LAN D.

From the broken LAN (LAN C) the problem is as follow:
you can connect one person at a time. When this one person from LAN C has finished and logged off there is a 10 minute/600 seconds timeout before it is possible for another client to connect to the PPTP server from LAN C (and we are still talking about the PPTP server on LAN D).

So what I'm wondering about is what the difference is between connections from LAN A and LAN B and connections from LAN C ???

The only debugging information I found was in /proc/net/ip_conntrack which looks like this:
gre      47 428648 timeout=600, stream_timeout=432000 src="" dst=x.x.x.x version=1 protocol=0x880b srckey=0x0 dstkey=0xc3e7 src="">.200 dst=x.x.x.x version=1 protocol=0x880b srckey=0xc3e7 dstkey=0x47d [ASSURED] use=1
tcp      6 424347 ESTABLISHED src="" dst=x.x.x.x sport=1149 dport=1723 src="" dst=x.x.x.x sport=1723 dport=1149 [ASSURE
D] use=2

where x.x.x.x represents the IP numbers for the server and the client.

The thing that is wondering me is that connections from the broken LAN C hangs in the /proc/net/ip_conntrack file, this connection which is still recorded was terminated more than one hour ago. Other connections from LAN A and LAN B have been made since, but they leave no trace ?

Niels