Re: PPTP through iptables firewall

Hello,

piątek, 7 lutego 2003, you wrote:

NB> connections involving GRE has changed from UNKNOWN to GRE. But with this
NB> patch it is not possible to connect, now the windows client only reach
NB> "verifying username and password" and then times out.

NB> Without the patch it is possible to connect to the server one at a time and
NB> wait 10 minutes before the next connection from a different location

NB> With the patch it is not possible to connect at all.

I had the same problem. I also tried to connect from external IP
located behind firewall without any rules. I couldnt connect to pptp
server also [with timeout]. Then I recognized then unloading
ip_nat_pptp module causes the connection could be achieved correct.
[Other related modules ie. ip_conntrack_pptp, ip_conntrack_proto_gre
doesn't influence connection].

NB> I run Debian 3.0 (woody) Kernel 2.4.20 and iptables 1.2.7a with the patched
NB> version and 1.2.6a with the unpatched version of the kernel.

Also working on the same setup [+latest official path-o-matic].

Regards,
tw