From: saint [mailto:nagajuna@optushome.com.au]
Sent: dinsdag 4 februari 2003 14:31
To: ASC - Ronald Roeleveld; Netfilter Mailing List
Subject: RE: Port forward

I don't know what your setup is but I myself explicitly FORWARD
things to telnet:

e.g:

# Allow access to machines from the private LAN:
iptables -A FORWARD -i INTERFACE_CONCERNED -o OUTPUT_INTERFACE -p tcp \
	 -s $LAN_MACHINES --sport $UN_PRIVILEGED_PORTS \
	 -d $DESTINATION_ADDRESS --dport 23 \
	 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT

you get the hint.

Any way why use telnet? I recommend secure shell (tcp port 22).

Santos.

Security is a blessing.