Re: URGENT : Probem with Redhat 7.1 incomfing network servicesrequest

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 10:17:35 -0500,
"Sundaram Ramasamy" <sun@percipia.com> wrote in message
<000d01c2c229$65002070$8c01a8c0@sundaram>:

> Hi,
>
> We have installed Red hat 7.1 Linux one of our customer location. It
> used work all network service (ftp, telnet, ssh) etc.  Because of
> power failure file system got crashed, then we did fsck manually. Now
> system is booting without any problem, it was able send outgoing
> request (telnet, ftp, ping).
>
> From other machine only ping request work, all other network services
> are not working. While booting the machine about 30 sec, It allows us
> to login that after the it's terminating the telnet connection.
>
> I did some google search, got the following message.
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&th=5f887abf1be0e
> 4ca&rnum=14
>
> We turned off the firewall, still its not working.
>

> We did the following.
>
> 1
>
> Ipchains -F
>
> Tried telnet,ssh not working,
>
> 2
>
> Chkconfig -level 12345 ipchains and rebooted the machine, then tried
> telnet,ssh its not working.
>
> Any Idea why it's not working? How will I fix this? Any help.

..your ipchain rule flush is valid until the next set of
ipchains commands, like in a (re)boot script set.

..looks like you have shut yourself _out_ of the box and thrown
away the key.  BTDT.  _ALWAYS_ leave a ssh rule routed your way.

..go there, log in and fix the box.
(I'd 'rpm -Fvh ' it to 7.3 + all erratas.)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: