Re: IPTABLES and SSH -- READABILITY

Gentlemen,

please don't forget to remove unnecessary quoted text from your replies.
Original poster was ok to send 300+ lines of code (after all, this was
the reason for the post in the 1st place), but replies kept 90% of
quoted lines for no reason...

Best,

Andre

On 16 Jan 2003 12:42:10 +0200
Raymond Leach <raymondl@knowledgefactory.co.za> wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 12:13, Steffen Bisgaard wrote:
> > Hallo everybody,
> >
> > This is the first time I use this feature so if I am doing anything
> > wrong please bear with me...
> >
> > I have the following iptables running on a RH7.3 machine. Can
> > anybody tell me why I am unable to ssh to the machine when iptables
> > is running?
> >
> > For the SSH part I have also tried:
> >

> > iptables -I INPUT -i $EXTERNAL_INTERFACE -p tcp --dport 22 --sport
> > 1024:65535 -j ACCEPT
> >
> You also need to allow the server to respond:
> iptables -A OUTPUT -o $EXTERNAL_INTERFACE -p tcp --sport 22 --dport
> 1024:65535 -j ACCEPT
>
> Have you checked your firewall log file for other clues?
[snip]

--
Andre Oliveira da Costa