Re: connection tracking and keepalive

Hi,

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 12:37, SB CH wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does connection tracking has a relation with the keepalive config at
> httpd.conf?

No, not really.

> I would like that connection tracking has a relation with keepalive or not?

Connection tracking is more related to TCP states. Obviously with
keepalives off, every request requires a new TCP connection, so
indirectly they are related through the TCP states.

> and how much memory size is required to execute connection tracking ?

384 bytes per connection (may be slightly different depending on
your kernelversion - see /proc/slabinfo, ip_conntrack entry) +
a couple of bytes per hash (I think 8 bytes) * hashsize (determined
when ip_conntrack is loaded)

Regards,
Filip