RE: Kaaza 2 jammer.

I've always wondered something about the string matching, but never
having used it, I haven't researched it enough to know...

Wouldn't netfilter also see the string "KazzaClient" in this email
message?  I can imagine how that might cause problems if the string
matching rules aren't well crafted.

I see in the example posted by Tomasz Wrona that it only applies to
tcp packets forwared from the internal interface, narrowing the focus
qiute a bit.  But wouldn't that also block an email message having
that string if sent from an internal machine?

Of course, the sender of that message may have indeed sent it from a
client on his internal network, and since I'm reading it, it must have
worked as intended.

I imagine placing a string matching rule, like the example, _after_
rules which accept other legitimate traffic (like smtp) would work
completely fine.

Looking for eduction on the topic.

Darrell Dieringer - Madison, WI