RE: opening a port..

> ok heres my current script, yes its inefficient, but thats
> not the major problem.. 4662 port :/ I relise that theres
> more ports available for edonkey to use, but opening ONE port
> would be a start.
>
> i added "iptables -A FORWARD -m state --state
> RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT" without anything happening...

<snip>

> iptables -A FORWARD -o eth1 -p udp --dport 4665 -j ACCEPT
> iptables -A FORWARD -o eth0 -p udp --dport 4665 -j ACCEPT
> iptables -A FORWARD -o eth0 -p udp --sport 4665 -j ACCEPT
> iptables -A FORWARD -o eth1 -p udp --sport 4665 -j ACCEPT
> iptables -A FORWARD -o eth1 -p tcp --sport 4665 -j ACCEPT
> iptables -A FORWARD -o eth0 -p tcp --sport 4665 -j ACCEPT

Okay, let's leave these rules alone for a moment.
*IS* your eDonkey server running/listening. If you do a netstat -an *on
the machine that's supposed to be running eDonkey* (you don't need
netcat to do this) then it must report one (or more) ports belonging to
eDonkey as listening .
If not, you can try whatever you want but it won't work ; you will never
connect, not even local. Forwarding is not going to help you then and
AFAIK you can't test if forwarding is working (which doesn't say it's
impossible ; I just don't know how).

Besides, going back to the ruleset, I don't see an "echo 1 >
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward". You may have setup the rules correctly
but it's not going to forward anything untill you did the above "echo".

Rob