Making this list more readable

Is there any way to change the listserv so it doesn't convert control characters (e.g., tabs, quotes and spaces at ends of lines) to '=xx' form of hex characters.  It's hard to read.  (I read the digest, so perhaps the problem lies there, and not in the main listserv?)

Does your listserv software have a conversion table you can set that will make things more readable?

Thanks

--Carol Anne

Examples include these from a recent digest:

> F1=3D"eth0"
> IF2=3D"eth1"
  (what's the "=3D" mean?)

and

with the cisco's firewall enabled.  If this fails, I suspect the cisco's=20
configuration is blocking outbound replies, so you'd have to dig there.=20

(What to the trailing "=20" sequences add?  They appear to be spaces in the original message.)