netfilter under heavy load.

Hello, I don't know if this has been brought up before but I am going to be
running netfilter under load on a fractional T-3 (12Mbps). The box will have
3 interfaces eth0 going to the Cisco 7200, eth1 (routable IPs) going to the
webfarm for DMZ zone, and then eth2 will be NATed with a private LAN IP
(192.168.1.x). I will be NATing over 200 clients and I know in the past this
could be a problem with IPCHAINS because it would either run out of memory
or start dropping connections. The webservers get about 7,000 hits a day and
they won't be NATed but will be filtered with a mix of statefule and packet
filtering rules. We have a Cisco PIX 525(which is just a Intel P600/512MB
RAM) in place right now but I would like to move to Netfilter as it will be
running on a dual P1ghz and a gig of memory. Is this possible? can Nefilter
scale to this and beyond? and is there any tweaks I should know about?

Thanks in advance.

Mike