Re: NAT of Cisco Voice-Over-IP with Skinny protocol and CallManager

Bill,

Thanks for answering my query... you were the only one so far.

I had more-or-less worked out the scope of the problem, the Cisco
article just confirms it. However there is a solution - its to use an
application-layer proxy on the Linux Firewall Box and proxy rather
than NAT.

Just such a thing exists and its written in PERL:

http://cvs.oisec.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/skinny-proxy/skinny-proxy.pl

Have this working at two sites now with the call manager on the
public internet and Cisco VIP-30s on the public internet (real IP
addresses) and can call phones behind the proxies on RFC1918
addresses and in addition proxy-to-proxy calls also work as expected
(when you get the IPtables rules right :-)

So, we're up and working!

Mike