Problems with arbitrary TOS-field settings.

Hi.

I'm having some trouble setting the TOS-field in the IP header _to an arbitrary value_
using iptables.
To manage to do this I first patched iptables (1.2.5) and my kernel (2.4.18-3) with
the patches for FTOS. I recompiled and reinstalled but ended up with:

# iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -j FTOS --set-ftos 128
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name

"Ok? Well I might as well upgrade to latest iptables and latest kernel-patches"

Though and done, iptables 1.2.7a installed and all the "patch-o-matic"-patches
installed. According to the documentation the TOS/FTOS-features was now obsolete
in favor of the DSCP option. So I tried again:

# iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -j DSCP --set-dscp 128
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name

Well, it says somewhere that only values up to 0x4f was supported
by DSCP, but a lower values doesn't affect the error.

FTOS still seems to be part of the cose though, but same error occurs.

What can I do to fix this? And even if DSCP works, how can I set the 8 IP-header
TOS-bits to a value between 0x00 and 0xff?

Thanks in advance
Rasmus Aveskogh - Utfors AB