Re: iptables does not support chkconfig!

I tryed that and re-started
#chkconfig 2345 80 30
And firewall script starts but the rules didnt run ...Sooo this is what i did im not sure
if it is the proper method but everything seems to be working:
i installed the latest iptables rpm package
iptables-1.2.5.rpm and then rebooted and it worked? Could something go worng by doing
this if soo what could have been another method to fix it.