iptables does not support chkconfig!

Hello,

I installed iptables 1.2.7a with kernel 2.4.20. I tryed to get them to start when i boot
my pc but they are not starting. I created a firewall script named "firewall" in:
"/etc/init.d"
---I ran:
chown root.root /etc/init.d/firewall
chmod u=rwx /etc/init.d/firewall
chmod 775 /etc/init.d/firewall
---And added this line to my "/etc/rc.d/rc.local" file
sh /etc/init.d/firewall

But that still dont get them started up. If i run
sh /etc/init.d/firewall manually then my rules properly.

I tryed using
"chkconfig levels 23456 iptables on" but get this
service iptables does not support chkconfig

And i get an error when i re-boot my computer on start up after redhat network dameon
starts something about iptables i check my logs but cant see it in there!
Any help how i can get my rules to start when my PC starts up???