Re: Update httpd.conf file: Apache virtualhost not working behind firewall.

I tend to agree...but i have tried all the documented and undocumented VirutalHost setups i could find. Furthermore, it is bothersome that the VirtualHost work fine when the HTTP server is not behind the IPTables firewall.

Andrea Rossato wrote:

Chip Upsal wrote:

I doubt it is strictly an apache problem as if we remove the firewall and
assign the external ip address to the server it all works well.

if you solved the iptables problem and you are properly forwarding traffic to the internal box, that's probably an apache issue: as far as i understand you are creating a name based virtul host: apache should look in the _http_headers_ to respond with the correct web server name. (http headers are indeed in packet payloads and iptables will not touch them when S/DNATting).

so:

NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.2
<VirtualHost 192.168.0.2>
ServerName site4.company.com
ServerAlias site4*
ServerAdmin admin@company.com
DocumentRoot D:/web_root/foo4
ErrorLog logs/site4.cyberwolf.com-error_log
CustomLog logs/site4.cyberwolf.com-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

hope that this is going to work (is working for me, though).
andrea