Re: Can somebody help me with setting up a server behind a sdsl router?

Jason!
Did you guys try
1. enabling 'nat translations' on the router.
2. setting up 'nat server list' and if one already exists, (which is generally the case) add your mail server's ip to the list.
I believe your problem can be solved by doing just that.
good luck!
Rahul

Jason Corekin wrote:

I have a friend who is trying to setup a Netopia R7100 sdsl router. I know that this is not a netfilter specific question, but it is largely the same stuff, just a different implementation. He has a few different publicly registered static ip's and has had one of the assigned to the dsl connection and has had it configured to pass the connection then to another router that is NATing for his internal network. Now he wants to use another one of his publicly registered static ip's for his mail server, which we are trying to plug into one of the unused jacks on the built it hub on the R7100. The problem is that we can not get the R7100 to respond to more then one public address. Is there a way that we should be able to setup the R7100 such that it would route the second address through it to the mail server? How would the rest of the internet know to talk to the R7100 to get to his mail server? This sounds like just a basic routing issue but my knowledge is limited.
Thanks for any help you might offer
Jason Corekin

--
       /_/ /_ \  _/ /  /  \	Institute for Agriculture

      I N F O R M A T I O N   T E C H N O L O G Y

The best things in life are done by people with nowhere to turn.
                               -The Blind Assassin (Margaret Atwood)