Re: Loding rules

Hi,
 How to load fast about 20000 rules in iptables.
 If some document will be help , please let me know  :)
Netfilter is not designed for that. Please use the nf-hipac[1] drop-in replacement. NF-hipac will do the filtering and rule organisation for you and for the rest (NAT, mangle) you can still use netfilter. Also you should check if you can't logically draw a binary tree with your rules which would then result in faster matching lookup (at least with netfilter).

And no: iptables-save/restore is _not_ an option for dynamically changing rules!

If you have that many rules you certainly have a logic or kind of a matrix behind that. Try to use some algebraic transformations (linear translation, Laplace (define network flows), Gauss, TSP, ...) to optimize the ruleset. I have done this and successfully reduced the number of rules.

[1] http://www.hipac.org

Regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc