Re: portfw on iptables 2.4 kernel problem.

Here are the rules I use for ftp outbound from my internal network :

IPTABLES="/usr/sbin/iptables"
NET_INT="10.0.0.0/24"
IFACE_INET="eth0"
IFACE_INT="eth2"
IFACE_DMZ="eth1"
IFACE_LOC="lo"
$ip="10.0.0.67"		# My workstation ip

$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $IFACE_INT -p tcp --dport 20:21 -s $ip -m state
--state NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
        $IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $IFACE_INT -p tcp --dport 1024: -s $ip
-m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
        $IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $IFACE_INT -p udp --dport 1024: -s $ip
-m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $IFACE_INET -p tcp --sport 20:21 -d $ip -m state
--state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
        $IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $IFACE_INET -p tcp --sport 1024: -d $ip
-m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
        $IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $IFACE_INET -p udp --sport 1024: -d $ip
-m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

$IPTABLES -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o $IFACE_INET -p tcp --dport 20:21 -s
$ip -j SNAT --to-source $IP_INET
        $IPTABLES -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o $IFACE_INET -p tcp --dport
1024: -s $ip -j SNAT --to-source $IP_INET

Enjoy!

Ray

--
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(  Raymond Leach                       )
 ) Knowledge Factory                  (
(                                      )
 ) Tel: +27 11 445 8100               (
(  Fax: +27 11 445 8101                )
 )                                    (
(  http://www.knowledgefactory.co.za/  )
 ) http://www.saptg.co.za/            (
   o                                o