Multiple IPs on a server - Interesting problem

I have a server with 35 IPs assigned to eth0. I want to have incoming connections from a single IP limited to only one IP on the server at a time. For example if someone connects to any port on 1.2.3.4 he/she should not be able to connect to any other IP on the server until he/she has any open connections to 1.2.3.4. Once all the connections to 1.2.3.4 are closed the client could connect to another IP.

I need this so that if someone scans port 21 on a whole range of IPs it will not start 35 new connections (instances) of Xinetd and/or Ftpd. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Bobi Rose