RE: connection problem

Paulo,

>I have a problem where a router reboots every evening. I do not have
>control of this router.

For this, you might want to see if the janitors unplug the router to use the
outlet in the evening.
Seriously.

As far as the issue with IPTABLES....this might be an issue with the ARP
cache on the firewall. What kind of
network card are you using? What kernel version?

I've had problem like this on some 2.2 kernel implementations with old
network cards. I'd have to "ifconfig eth* down/up"
for the interface to work.

;-)

--
Nigel Clarke                 Forever Networks
Network Security Engineer    www.forever-networks.com