RE: DirectX 8.1 and NAT

> It doesn't make any sense.  The only problem I know of is
> running a game server behind the firewall.  This causes
> problems with outside clients making connections to that
> host.  This is easily fixed with some NAT PREROUTING and
> FORWARD rules.  A specific case would be helpful.
>
> Thanks!

I know typically it shouldn't be a problem I know some games would
require certain modules be loaded eg. Quake. However I'm not familiar
with directx eight. It has a bad tendency of wanting to manage
everything including networking. Though I doubt this, most games handle
interconnection on their own. Even if DirectX did take over this facet
this would be good since modules would only have to be made for one
standard. So either way this claim is bogus as is any claim without
reasonable proof.