RE: Traffic Shaping

You might want to look at this interesting alternative

First let me preface I am not in any way in
competition with the other published tools avaiable to
Linux, such as the LARTC and Netfilter I fully support
their efforts; however  I have been  working on a
traffic shaping tool that may be of interest, and yes
it does overlap some existing utilities. But it
differs by  attempting to be totally turn key, (among
other things) It is designed for the user that does
not want to get down to the level of %50 FTP, %20 HTTP
or whatever.

The tool is  getting into a serious beta trial for
some Public school districts in the state of
Washington and yes it is all open source. I'd still
call it in the proof on concept stage and gaining
momentum

The details can be found www.apconnections.net

Art
>     Hello,
>     Anybody knows if there is some module for
netfilter that works
like
> traffic shaper ? i am trying to shaper my traffic
but in dinamic way,
not
> static , like 50 % for FTP and 25 % SMTP, 5% ICMP
... what is best
way t=