sendmail redirect

Hello. I need to redirect all mail trafic that enters a gateway to an
email server inside the same LAN. Here's the scenario:

internet <--->  | gate(10.0.0.1) |  ------  | mailserver(10.0.0.2) |

"gate" is the only machine with a real ip, so, from outside this LAN,
people will refer to it in order to fetch their email. So my question
is: What rules do I need to use in order to make "gate" pass the mail
tasks to "mailserver" (receive smtp/pop requests) ?  Thanks in advance.

Julio Cesar Ody