Packet chain traversals

Hi Antony,

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Antony Stone wrote:

> On Sunday 27 October 2002 6:52 pm, Oskar Andreasson wrote:
>
> > Forgot to attach the script in question....
>
> Hi Oskar.
>
> Just a small point which has me puzzled about the diagram:
>
> Why do you have a routing decision between OUTPUT and NAT ?   What "decision"
> is there to be made ?

When you bring it to light... I don't know... The statement is an artifact
from the really really early stages of the tutorial, something like the
second release I made. To my recollection someone mentioned it to me in a
mail, but I am not sure.

Noone has complained so far, and I haven't actually thought about it
either so.... it's still there.

Because of your mail, I started checking it out... and I can't actually
find any "routing" decisions being made after NF_IP_LOCAL_OUT or before
the IP_NF_POST_ROUTING, nor do any documents I found (so far) point any
such point out, more than mine... ugly... really ugly.

I will check some more in the source code and see if I am really that off
base. Comments are more than welcome!

----
Oskar Andreasson
http://www.frozentux.net