Why would these rules cause errors only sometimes?

On Thursday 24 October 2002 11:00 pm, Alistair Tonner wrote:

> On 2002.10.24 03:44 Tasha Smith wrote:
> > ---OK...but the only problem is i have a DYNAMIC ip adress. Soo it
> > changes and
> > soo if i put an Ip adress i have right now in my script where eth0 is
> > it will
> > change and then it will block me from the net? How can i get it to
> > update my ip
> > adress in script when it changes!

> This line will grab your current IP off the ppp0 link --
>
>   INET_IP=`ifconfig ppp0|grep P-t-P|awk -F : '{ print $2 }'|cut -d \
> -f 1`;
>
> this line will grab your current IP off any ethx link
>
>    INET_IP=`ifconfig eth[x]|grep "inet addr"|awk -F : '{ print $2
> }'|cut -d \  -f 1`;
>
> change the above to suit your needs ...

If you are using dhcpcd to get your dynamic address, you can put whatever
commands you like into /etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd-<interface>.exe which will be
executed whenever dhcpcd detects a change in the interface address.

Antony.

--

What is this talk of software 'release' ?
Our software evolves and matures until it becomes capable of escape,