i use iptables for nat, and can connect with ping command but other ports can't connect

On Saturday 26 October 2002 10:16 pm, Irvan Adrian Kristiono wrote:

> iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.15.0/24 -o
> eth0 -j SNAT --to-source myinternetip

Is that your complete ruleset ?   You have *no* other rules ?

> when i try to browse from my workstation which at 192.168.15.0/24
> it cannot find any page.. so i try ping command to yahoo.com
> IP, and get the reply.

When you "try to browse from your workstation" is that machine able to
resolve the name to an IP address or not ?

When you try pinging to yahoo.com and get a reply is that also from the
workstation, or from the firewall ?

Tell us:

1. The output of iptables -L -n -v

2. The routing table on your firewall (route -n)

3. Whether the firewall can resolve names (ping www.netfilter.org - doesn't
matter whether you get a reply; does it resolve the IP address ?)

4. Whether the workstation can resolve names (ping www.samba.org - doesn't
matter whether you get a reply; does it resolve the IP address ?)

Antony.

--

How I want a drink, alcoholic of course, after the heavy chapters
involving quantum mechanics.

 - 3.14159265358979