Debian Error?

Hi

> What module do i need to modconf for the -m string --string option will
> work, so i can drop specific packets on their data.
I'm a debian user, but i do not know what modconf is. I never rely on
magical software from distros and their packages, simply try the
patch-o-matic on your kernel sources, and then make the string match as a
module, install it, and use it with iptables.

> and why are my traffic control utility so noncompatible, it don't even
> have tbf fair quering, i don't understand it. It all worked well under
> Mandrake?
Again, i don't use magical kernel packages. Maybe tbf in debian is not
compiled in.

I recommend you downloaded the kernel, configure it (including TBF +
whatever you need in QoS section) then, after saving the changes, patching
it with netfilter patch-o-matic to get the patches applied to the kernel.
and then make it.

I always rely on compiling the stuff myself from the sources, and it
works.

Regards,
Maciej Soltysiak