IPTables Query

Hi Stewart,

I'm sorry if I've not been clear. The Checkpoint Firewall NATs all
requests from the
172.16-31 range to a valid 203.199.x.x IP Add and sends them out to the
internet.

Rgds
Harish

Stewart Thompson <stewart.thompson@shaw.ca>
Sent by: netfilter-admin@lists.netfilter.org
10/23/2002 11:56 PM
Please respond to stewart.thompson

        To:     harish.k@lntinfotech.com
        cc:     netfilter@lists.netfilter.org
        Subject:        RE: IPTables Query

HI Harish:

                 Perhaps I should have asked for more facts. I assumed,
perhaps incorrectly, that you wanted to forward the DNS request
across the Internet It is my understanding that your IP fell within
the private Class B IP range of  172.16.0.0  -  172.31.255.255.
It is also my understanding that routers on the Internet drop IP's
that fall into established private IP ranges. If I am wrong on this
point, someone please correct me.