what rules to use

On Wednesday 23 October 2002 2:00 pm, Julio Cesar Ody wrote:

> Hello, I have the following scenario:
>
>   --------                       --------
> |gatebox1|  ----------------   |gatebox2|
>   --------                       --------
>      |      \
>      |        \
>      |          \
>   --------         --------
> |userbox1|       |userbox2|
>   --------         --------
>
> gatebox1(10.2.56.5) is the main router in the network. It's a red hat
> 7.3 box performing NAT, and uses a 802.11b connection to the internet.
>
> gatebox2(10.2.56.3) is a WinNT 4 machine equipped with a sattellite
> connection device used to access a private site/intranet (gmconnect
> domain) that only accepts requests made by that device (or real ip range).
>
> when the userboxes make any request for the gmconnect domain, I need
> them to get routed to gatebox2, instead of going straight to the
> internet via gatebox1, so gatebox2 can make the request and deliver the
> content to the userboxes (since it's the only way to get it).

This is simply a routing question - nothing to do with netfilter really.

All you need to do is set up a route on gatebox1 so that packets for the
gmconnect domain are routed via gatebox2.

gatebox2 also needs a route back to your userboxes via gatebox1 of course.

Antony.

--

This is not a rehearsal.
This is Real Life.