Newby Question

On Saturday 19 October 2002 9:00 am, Antonio W. Lagnada wrote:

> Help!
>
> I can't seem to get iptables to forward to my internal server
>
> eth0:  INTERNAL_IP
> eth1:  INTERNET
>
> WEBSERVER_IP is the ip address of the webserver
>
> I am trying to forward port 80 to an internal machine at port 8080 and it
> doesn't work.  If I change the ip address to be eth0's ip, then it works.
>
> # this doesn't work
> $IPTABLES -A PREROUTING -t nat -i eth1 -p tcp --dport 80 \
>     -j DNAT --to $WEBSERVER_IP:8080

Do you have a FORWARD rule to allow the packets through to the internal
webserver (and also to allow the replies back again) ?

If that's not the answer, give us some more details of your network setup:

IP addresses, routes on the firewall and the web server, complete ruleset,
any LOG results or packet sniffing you've tried...

Antony.

--

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried.