Logging Portscans

Hii,
I was wandering why iptables is NOT logging to my /var/log/messages/ NMAPS
stealth port scans or when i telnet any port?.  Here are what the first part of
my rules look like. How can u add some rules soo i can see (LOG) all ports scans
or connection attemps on my machine????
iptables 1.2.7
kernel 2.4.19

iptables --flush
iptables -t nat --flush
iptables -t mangle --flush

iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT

# I tryed to put in a logging rule here and it didnt log the port scan!
iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp \
         --dport 111 -j LOG-prefix "DROP sunrpc: "

iptables --policy INPUT DROP
iptables --policy FORWARD DROP
iptables --policy OUTPUT ACCEPT

# I tryed a LOG Policy here too like this!
iptables -i INPUT -p tcp -j LOG --log-prefix "log-tcp-test: "

iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLSIHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FOWARD -m state --state ESTABLSIHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -m state --state ESTABLSIHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

And then after this i have all stuff that is allowed on my machine like DNS,
DHCP, and my forwarding rules!