ICMP conntrack

On Friday 18 October 2002 3:51 am, Vincent Lim wrote:

> Dear people,
>
> I was wondering why I'm not getting any conntrack entires for icmp
> connections?

There is no concept of a "connection" for ICMP.

A single ICMP packet is sent to indicate some situation has occurred.
There's no reply, there's no follow-up packet, therefore there's no need to
keeptrack of a "connection" for something which consists of only a single
packet.

Antony.

those who understand binary notation,
and those who don't.