Tightening up outgoing traffic

Problably because yahoo.com lies in your local DNS cache or on an cache
server behind your firewall.

add
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp --destination-port domain -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p udp --destination-port domain -j ACCEPT

also.

You should also open up RELATED ICMP to minimize delay for errors.

hth,
Kjetil Laasby.