IPSEC and other non tcp/udp/icmp blocking

On Friday 11 October 2002 11:45 pm, Mitesh P Choksi wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> How does netfilter work with other protocols apart tcp/udp/icmp?

Perfectly well.

> I am trying to either block or account IPSec traffic.

All you need to do is specify the relevant protocol in your rules, eg:

iptables -A FORWARD -p esp ...etc.....

You can still specify things like source & destination addresses, but of
course there are no port numbers in anything except TCP & UDP.

Antony.

--

Anyone that's normal doesn't really achieve much.

 - Mark Blair, Australian rocket engineer