Active Directory

I was wondering if anyone has either the answer or can point me in the =
right direction as to how Active Directory works through a natted =
firewall.
I am trying to do promotion and replication.

Microsoft Technet has a list of ports to open (RPC, DNS, etc...), but =
goes not much further.

Here is my scenario:

I have a domain controller on the inside with an address of 192.168.0.5 =
(255.255.255.0).
In the DMZ is a domain controller to be with an address of 192.168.100.5 =
(255.255.0.0).

192.168.0.5<----------Firewall<----------192.168.100.5

Of course the PC in the DMZ cannot see the domain controller on the =
inside in order to allow promotion to an active directory domain =
controller.
IPsec is probably not an option, but perhaps PPTP may be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.