First masqueraded Connection Error

Hi,
I'm new to iptables and got a small problem with masquerading.
I'm using most parts of the iptables-script from TLDP.org. The masquerading
ist work fine, but if I start the first connection to a host, like ssh, I
get an error. If I try it again, everything works fine. This happen to all
hosts, I'm trying to connect.
This connection is not a connection to the internet, it's just for
administrating some host with dialin, but I have to masquerade my network.

Thomas

--
Linux is like a wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside.