transparent squid with internal sites as well

On 27 Nov 2002 09:15:19 +0200
Raymond Leach <Ray@work> wrote:

> > I'm way new to transparent proxy, but I've done a bit of playing iptables.
> > I'm going to play around witha  few more ideas tho.
> We also use squid as a transparent proxy here. For internal websites
> though, do you need them to go through the proxy? Is there some tracking
> that you need to do, or would it not be possible to 'catch' the requests
> to the servers using iptables before they get redirected to squid? This
> is what we do, and it works fine.

internal browsing we don't care about ... but I do need to provide stats for external traffic
if I can redirect the internal stuff before it gets to the proxy cool ..
as long as the rest still goes to proxy and I get stats as per usual on how much they download

> Also, check what interface squid is using to process the request. It
> might be trying to use the external interface instead of the internal
> one.

any ideas how to do that ?

Henti