No such file or directory when using an asterisk

Getting errors with my script when I am running it.  My system works fine
except for these echo commands:
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/*/log_martians
The error that I get when I run the script is "No such file or directory."
I can do the individual files without the "*" in there but when I use the
asterisk (*) I get an error "Ambiguous redirect" when run from the command
line.
Any thoughts?

Rob