router protection with iptables

Hi folks,

I have small router on Linux box.
It has two NICs and I use it to route real IP addresses (basicly I use it to
replace CISCO router, it is cheaper :-) )
I have a command echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward and everything works
just fine.

I'm wondering about iptables rules which I can use to protect my router from
hackers.
I want all IP/UDP/ICMP packets to go trought my router in both ways, just to
protect my router.
Behind the router I have Firewalls and they do a protection job for my www,
mail and local network.

What you can recomend for me?

Thank you

Remus