Throughput stall problem!

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has experienced this problem before.

I have 3 boxes on my lan. 1 RH7.2 with kernel 2.4.9
and iptables-1.2.5 a dialup ppp0 with dynamic IP and squid.
Using a most basic form of iptables ie.
All policy are ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i ppp0 -j MASQUERADE

The problem is, for a short time after I dialup everything works to plan.
Then and I'm not sure if it's when accessing the net from 2 boxes at the
same time but data stops flowing. Web, POP, SMTP can't get through but pings
work fine.

Any ideas!
Thanks. Jai.