DNAT problem

HCLFM wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Redhat Linux 7.1 Kernel version 2.4.2-2.
> with iptables v1.2.7 .
>
> This nat module is loaded with ip_tables module
> iptable_nat 16160 0 (autoclean) [ipt_MASQUERADE]
>
> I'm trying to setup DNAT for port forwarding as per iptables documents
> . I have ip forwarding enabled. I want port forward from external
> interface to a internal server .
>
> But the setup is not working , I have tried with all possible styles
> of PREROUTING chain.
> When I connect to external IP address with the particular port , I get
> a "connection refused" error. But the software port forwarders work
> perfectly. I feel that the problem lies in proxy ARP support of the
> kernel.
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> regards,
> U.SivaKumar

This may not exactly be your problem...
I had a similar problem and I found that the router wasn't forwarding
traffic to the firewall machine. Check your router config to see if the
traffic is getting thru to it.
goodluck!
Rahul

--
        /_/ /_ \  _/ /  /  \	Institute for Agriculture

       I N F O R M A T I O N   T E C H N O L O G Y

The best things in life are done by people with nowhere to turn.
                                -The Blind Assassin (Margaret Atwood)